Sentence Modifications

In Indiana, an individual who has been convicted of a crime may be eligible for a modification of his/her sentence. The first step is to have an attorney look at your case to determine if you are eligible. If you are eligible for a sentence modification, your attorney will file a petition for sentence modification with the court where you were convicted. Ordinarily, the court will set a hearing at which you are present and may present evidence in support of your petition. Depending on your circumstances, your attorney may ask for you to be released to probation, home detention or work release. After reviewing the specific circumstances surrounding your conviction and potential release or change of placement, Ms. Rayl can advise you as to whether or not you are eligible for a modification.